Most of us today live in a technology driven world. And while there is some backlash to that (and there should be, but that is a topic for another day), I think we can all agree that there are many things about that reality that improves our lives. Many of us find new friends and hobbies, organize our lives, find answers to important (and not so important) questions, make, track and spend our money, find random entertainment and so much more….all online. This very blog and the majority of the content within it are due to the online world.
More and more we use apps to make our lives easier and more streamlined. It’s amazing when you step back and realize just how many apps you use within a day. And today I want to share some of my favorites with you! For today, I’m going to ignore the social media apps themselves. We all know about Instagram, Facebook, and such, so I’m not going to focus on those.
- Money Lover – Expense tracker and budget tool! One of my more used practical apps
- US Bank – Or any bank you use. I love having my bank info at my fingertips!
- Fitstar – I don’t use the paid version, but their free workouts are great! And their 10 minute warm up is my favorite
- MyFitnessPall – I don’t track my food all the time, but I do use it for a few weeks – a couple months if I feel like my eating habits are getting off track. It’s a great way to reset!
- Nike Training – Another great free way to have guided workouts!
- The Rock Clock – I have a serious love/hate relationship with the snooze button. This app not only has no snooze button, it is by The Rock and features him singing and playing guitar and other such things! Sadly, while I find it very entertaining and helpful, Draz is not fond of it. So it doesn’t get used as much as I would otherwise. But I definitely love it, so it’s getting included on here.
- YogaStudio – This is literally the only reason I have my old IPhone. This particular app is not available for android and I love it! So my IPhone stays plugged in where I work out and it used pretty much only for that app anymore. Worth it.
- Strava – I just started using this one, but I love it! Plan bike rides, follow friends and track your rides. It even has a spot to save a photo from a particular ride with all the stats!
- Podcast Addict – I LOVE PODCASTS. Like, really really love them. I listen to so many. I’m subscribed to 52 right now, though I listen to ~12 on a regular basis
- Overdrive – I’m a more recent comer to audiobooks, but I love being able to borrow them from my library instead of buying them (I haven’t given in and gotten Audible yet)
- Google Play Music – One of my most recent apps and one I’m still figuring out. But so far, I’m really liking it!
For Blog and Social Media
While I’m not going to talk about the actual social media, most of us know there are a lot of useful apps out there related to using them. These are the ones I use!
- VSCO Cam – LOVE this. While it’s a bit easy to go overboard on the edits, I love the ease of editing photos taken on my phone and posting them directly to Instagram
- Layout – Super easy way to create collages for Instagram, Facebook or anything else
- Hootsuite – I’m still really new to scheduling, but I think this one is really helpful now that I”m getting the hang of it.
- Lightroom – I just recently got Lightroom at all and I love that there is an app for it! I haven’t used it much yet though
- Google Drive – Easy way to keep my photos on my computer and my phone at the same time
Apps I have that I haven’t played with yet but look awesome
- My Ames – still early on as an app, this is a calendar for a nearby town. If it gets more active, could be a really neat way to find events. Maybe your town has one!
- Sweat by Kayla Itsines – I actually don’t have this one yet, but I want to!