I can’t believe I’m turning 31 today! As always, my birthday tends to make me reflect on my life, both as it is and as I want it to be. If anything, all the changes of this past year have made me do that even more for this birthday! So, I hope you will bear with me today….I really want to share some of these reflections with you!
- All the things are you are working towards in life don’t matter if you forget to enjoy your life along the way.
- No matter where you feel like you are at in life, you aren’t behind. You are right where you should be.
- Experiences are so much more meaningful than things, pretty much every time.
- Taking time for yourself is not selfish.
- Good food matters – and that includes both healthy and less-healthy foods.
- Adult friendships are hard to maintain – put the work in. It’s worth it.
- Be vulnerable. It may be terrifying sometimes, but it will bring you the best in life.
- Never stop learning, even if there is no point to it other than you find it interesting.
- Enjoy the moment, for as many moments as possible.
- Along those same lines, try to stay in the moment as often as possible. Too often our brains move on to the next item on our “to-do” list.
- You very rarely don’t have time for a hug.
- Balance in life is key. You can’t always do all the things.
- Even when you are saving for something important, not everything has to be for that. You can indulge occasionally.
- Admitting you need a rest day or a self-care day is not weakness or a failure.
- Learning the difference between making excuses for yourself and actual reasons takes practice. The differences aren’t always clear.
- Forgive yourself. Holding on to mistakes from years ago doesn’t help you or those you may have hurt.
- Apologize when you mess up. Let go of that pride and give a real honest apology.
- Love what you love and don’t apologize for that.
- Try the new things that scare you.
- Set realistic goals. Dreaming big is fun, but setting massive crazy goals isn’t fair to yourself.
That’s what I have right now! Part of me wants to get this list to “31” but honestly, these are the thoughts that have been going through my mind lately. 30 was kind of a crazy year for me in the best way and I am so excited to see what this year brings!
Any thoughts on my reflections? Or reflections of your own you’ve had along the way? I would love to hear them!