I can’t believe that 2016 is almost over. In many ways, this year has just flown past. In others, I look back and can’t believe how much has changed in just one year!
My 2016 has been a whirlwind of changes. Here are a few of the highlights:
- Launched my Etsy store!
- Blogged (mostly) consistently for the whole year.
- Got a job at the YMCA as a group fitness instructor! (I definitely didn’t see that one coming at the beginning of the year!)
- Along with that, I really embraced my passion for fitness, turning it from something I try to do to something I love doing!
- Draz and I got 3 pet rats and they are adorable. So we now have 2 dogs and 3 rats 🙂
Before I get into my goals and plans for 2017, here is how I did on my goals for this year:
- Keep my workouts at an average of 5-6 days a week. – DONE! Excluding when I was injured or ill, most weeks I worked out at least 5 days a week, especially over the last half of the year!
- Take 1 exercise class – DONE! As I said above, loving my classes at my gym!
- Take 1 class for building a new skill, like metalworking, painting, or wire wrapping. – Nope. I wish I had, but that just didn’t work out the way I hoped.
- Start and/or complete 1/3 of my Day Zero project – Nope. I did make progress and have a lot that are in the planning stage, but I did not finish 1/3 of my project. I am close 1/4 either started or completed though!
Blog and Business
- Average 3 posts a week on the blog – Nope. And I’m actually pretty happy about this. I decided that quality wins over quantity in this case and am happily blogging twice a week right now.
- Learn how to use 1 new platform or social media site – DONE – Check out my Pinterest here and I’ve been stepping up my Twitter game too!
- Have at least one guest post on the blog – DONE
- Launch my jewelry business and make first sale – DONE! I have launched and made 24 sales now! It’s a slow start, but I have high hopes for next year!
So that is a brief overview of how my 2016 went. I wish that I could convey just how much I have changed and grown this year….there are so many things happening that I never imagined or hoped for! This year has really helped me discover some of what I hope the rest of my life will include 🙂
Now, on to 2017!!!
I love setting annual goals, but there are some things to keep in mind. For goals to really work for you, they must be S.M.A.R.T! Specific. Measurable. Achievable. Realistic. Timely.
This is one of my favorite acronyms. It is so true! If you design your goals with this in mind, you will be so much more likely to succeed!
- Get certified in at least 3 different fitness classes.
- Complete a chin-up
- Sell 240+ pieces
- Sell at 6+ craft markets (along with 2 weekly farmers’ markets)
- Buy my own kiln.
- Have at least 5 guest posts on my blog.
- Write at least 5 guest posts for others.
- Finish and release my Meal Prep E-book!
- Collaborate with one company for a post, giveaway or in some other way.
So those are my goals for this coming year! I will be checking in on how I’m doing on these on a regular basis! I will probably also post a few updates this year so you can see how I’m doing and be reminded to check in on your own goals too!
Have you set your goals for 2017? I would love to hear about them, so please share a few in the comments below!