So today I turn 30 years old! I’ll be honest, this birthday comes with some mixed emotions and I’ve struggled to write this post because of that. So I apologize in advance if this post is kinda like a word jumble and I hope you can get some insight out of it!
30 has always seemed like a milestone birthday to me….like by this point I should have accomplished certain things, should have the whole “adult” thing figured out. I think about what I thought 30 would be like when I turned 20 and in truth, what I thought couldn’t be further from the truth! I definitely don’t have this whole thing figured out. In fact, I’m starting to believe that every year I’m just going to realize HOW MUCH I have yet to figure out!
And yet, with all of those mixed emotions, I find myself excited and hopeful. Both for what this year may bring and for what my 30s may bring! It’s only in the past 3 or so years that I have started to really get to know myself and to figure out what I truly want out of life. It’s taken even longer than that to start to really pursue those things!
A lot of my 20s was spent lost….I made a lot of poor choices and ended up in situations that I could have avoided had I been more thoughtful about things. My 20s included a lot of highlights and low points and they all taught me things about life and about myself.
- Married at 20
- Suffered a miscarriage
- Gained a lot of weight, ending up at around 240-250 lbs
- Traveled to Peru (one of my most life-changing experiences)
- Started smoking again
- Struggled with depression multiple times
- Graduated college
- Started losing weight
- Got a job somewhat using my degree, only to lose it
- Found the job I’m currently at, expecting it to be “temporary” and that I would move on to grad school
- Started my relationship with Draz <3
- QUIT smoking again (over 2 years now!)
- Found a passion for fitness
- Started this blog and my jewelry business
- Started teaching group fitness at the YMCA
As you can see just from this, my 20s, especially my early 20s, were kind of a mess. But that honestly makes me even more excited for my 30s! I’m entering my 30s with a wonderful and supportive boyfriend and family, a good job, in the best shape of my life and with a passion for the things I am trying to build!
I’m not going to make predictions, since one major lesson I learned in my 20s is you can’t really prediction how life is going to go. But I do want to share some of my hopes and dreams for my 30s with you!
- Get married and start a family
- My jewelry business will grow and become more successful
- The blog will grow and inspire others
- Draz and I will go on at least a few trips together, one being to Japan
- Continue to grow and learn in my fitness education and build a career that includes fitness
- Be able to quit my current job and earn a full-time income from what I am building right now
I can’t say that any of these things will happen, but these are what I hope will be the highlights of my 30s. That said, I honestly believe that 30 and the entirety of my 30s will be amazing and life-changing and I can’t wait to see what happens!
To those of you in your 20s: Are your 20s like what you thought they would be? What do you think about your 30s?
To those of you who are 30s or older: Any advice? What were your thoughts as you entered your 30s?
I would love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment below!!