It’s March! While yes, we have had an unseasonably light winter (and there is always the possibility of more snow) I am so excited to be getting closer to spring! I am not a fan of winter and have been feeling a bit down from it for the past few weeks. Anyone else struggle with winter as time goes on?
Anyways, March is here and I have a lot I’m looking forward to. Not really so much for this month specifically, but there will be plenty of prep going on now for those future events! But before we get to that, a quick review on how February went!
- I turned 30! I wrote more about it here, but I’ve decided to view 30 as an exciting and new adventure. Plus I had a great birthday, so it definitely comes in as a highlight!
- I got to see a Broadway production of Chicago! It was wonderful. A couple girlfriends and I decided to go as a late birthday celebration. We got very dressed up for the show, followed by a delicious dinner! It was a perfect night and so much fun!
- This might have been my best month so far for sales for my jewelry!
- Well, I did a full weekend market this month selling my jewelry. But it did not go at all how I had hoped it would. It was very discouraging and exhausting at the time. I’m feeling a bit better about it now, but it left me feeling quite down for a little while afterwards.
- I did not hit anywhere near what I would have liked to for my workouts.
- Yoga once a week! This was the goal that I was the most disappointed about not being able to do last month, so that is being carried over. – I did manage to do this one and I’m so glad. Definitely something I’m going to try to carry over in the future!
- Contact 2-3 people about the big project I have in mind about design and implementation – Nope. I did talk to some people and get a few leads about who I can talk to about it, but I didn’t actually get in touch with the people I really needed to.
- Finish up 10+ new pieces before market on the 10th – Yes! Plus more finished up at the market itself. It was a good month for creating!
- Get studio cleaned out for remodel – Nope. I do really need to get a move on with this one.
So, now for March! I really want this month to be productive and get me set up for the coming months!
- Keep up with fitness challenge! I just started a 10-week fitness challenge and can’t wait to see how it goes. Since it’s a new program and experience for me, so I’m not going to get specific with my goal. I just want to keep up with it!
- Finish online course I started at the beginning of this month. I got a little off-track through February, but this course seemed really good and helpful. So this month I’m going to finish it!
- Make appointment with someone qualified to help me with that big project I have in mind. Since I didn’t actually talk to anyone about it in February, I’m going to actually make sure to make an appointment for this month!
- Make 20 new pendants. I have 2 live markets coming up in April, so now is my time to get ready!
That’s it for this month! How did February go for you? What are your goals for March? I would love to hear about them, so please leave a comment below!
Wow, what a start to the new year!! January was full of ups and downs, but I’m feeling pretty positive about what is to come! I promise that this coming week we will be back to normal here on the blog, with meal prep posts and everything.
- I did a full meal prep photo session! I can’t wait to show you all what I have planned for a lot of the pictures. They turned out great.
- My jewelry shop is now set up to sell at 5 upcoming markets! It’s just a start, but a great one!
- I launched a new series on here that I am super excited about. Sharing Sabrina’s story with you was wonderful and I think you are going to love the ones that are coming up!
- I got sick with the flu and two ear infections for around half of the month. Needless to say, this made a lot of things I had planned pretty difficult. I’m getting better now, but my regular routine is still really off and I’m having a hard time getting back into things.
- I strive to be honest on here, so I will share this with you all….I’ve been having a hard time this month with feeling pretty down about my jewelry business and the blog. I love them both, but neither are where I would like them to be. I’m not quitting, not by any means! But it’s been a rough month. Some of that is probably from being sick, but regardless, I’m having a difficult time feeling upbeat about my work lately.
- Spend a day taking down old decorations and putting up new. Put on some music and make it a fun and relaxing day!
- Have one “date day” with Draz
- Have one day where I spend at least 3 hours on self-care
- Go to yoga class once a week
I really did none of these, although up to getting sick I was doing great with the yoga class. And I suppose I spent a lot of time on self-care, but it wasn’t really by choice, so I don’t think that counts.
- Shoot new photos for a planned meal prep project
- Shoot photos for an upcoming fitness project
The photos for the meal prep project are done! The fitness shoot ones…nope. These aren’t even set yet, though I am hoping to do them this month.
- Contact 2 bloggers about possible collaborations
- Make 10 new pieces of jewelry – This one is only if physically possible. My fingers are still healing from some lingering symptoms from when I was sick back in September.
I’m going to call this one a win! I did make 7 new pieces of jewelry and contacted 4 bloggers. 7 isn’t 10, but considering I was sick half of the month, I say it counts!
Overall, January didn’t go how I hoped it would, but all things considered, it didn’t go to bad. I have high hopes for February though! I have a lot of exciting events coming up this month, so I think it’s going to be great! Due to all of the stuff going on this month, I’m going to try to be a little more reserved in how many goals I set.
- Yoga once a week! This was the goal that I was the most disappointed about not being able to do last month, so that is being carried over.
- Contact 2-3 people about the big project I have in mind about design and implementation
- Finish up 10+ new pieces before market on the 10th
- Get studio cleaned out for remodel
That’s it for this month! Hopefully this month goes better, with no horrible flu or anything!
How did January go for you? What are some of your goals for February? I would love to hear about them!
I can’t believe that we are mid-way through October already! One of the things that I find really important this time of year is to check back in with my annual goals and see how they are going. It can be easy to write down your goals for the year and be super excited about them for a month or two. Then you can start to forget what was even on that list of goals! So I like to check in every 3 months or so. Have you checked in on your annual goals lately?
So here are how my goals are doing so far!