Hey everyone!! Ok, so I can’t really contain my excitement about this week’s meal prep. This week has some awesome new recipes full of flavor and everything is super macros friendly. Which is great for me right now, because I just started a 10-week fitness challenge! I’m super excited about it and can’t wait to see how it changes up my progress! So this challenge has me a bit more focused on hitting my macros and eating healthy, energizing food every day and this week’s meal prep definitely satisfies!
So first I want to introduce you to what might be my new favorite salad. Based on this recipe, this cheeseburger inspired salad is delicious! I will be making this again next week (and possibly for the foreseeable future)! It was AMAZING and so different from salads I have made before.
My salads were as follows (in each salad, bottom to top):
- Bolthouse Farms Honey Mustard dressing
- red onion, 1 Valsic Zesty Dill Pickle chopped, roughly 7 cherry tomatoes
- a portion of the meat mixture that is in the recipe above
- I use reduced sugar ketchup instead of regular ketchup
- roughly 1 tbsp of fiesta blend shredded cheese
- spring mixture salad greens
For our snacks this week I kept things pretty much the same, but I think they are going to be changing up soon too. But for now, our regular protein balls hit the spot (mine and his)! I was planning on making our new favorite muffins too, but sadly realized that I had mis-remembered how much rolled oats we had left….it was very sad and a good reminder to check the pantry when I’m making my grocery list!
For main dishes, this week was a fun mix of old favorites and new recipes! Draz requested this Slow Cooker Island Pulled Pork recipe, so that was automatically put on the menu. And happily, because I forgot just how tasty this one is!
- For my pulled pork, I make it as a wrap using FlatOut Wraps, so that is what is included in the macros and on the grocery list. Draz likes them with onion hamburger buns, so those work well too if you prefer!
He also asked for me to make some more Turkey and Bean Burritos. Those went straight into the freezer. They are great to have on hand! Here are the changes I make to this recipe:
- I use 1.25 lb 97% lean ground turkey instead of 1 lb ground beef. This means that this recipe also makes a few more burritos than the original recipe states.
- Low fat refried beans instead of regular
- I don’t butter the tortillas
- When I make them for me, I use FlatOut Wraps. Draz prefers regular flour tortillas. The macros below are using FlatOut Wraps.
The slow cooker dish of the week was Cashew Chicken. I hadn’t made this one in quite a while and it was a welcome change! I love how the cashews really soak in the flavor of the sauce! When served with jasmine rice they ended up a little higher in carbs than I would prefer, but not too bad. This could be remedied by making cauliflower rice instead if you want to! I thought about it, but honestly, I’m a little frustrated with that right now, so I opted not to make it.
- I omitted the green onions this time and didn’t really notice much of a difference.
- reduced sugar ketchup instead of regular ketchup
Our new dish for the week was Skinny Bell Pepper Nachos! This was a nice twist on the normal stuffed bell peppers that I’ve made before and I really liked them! I did make the servings a bit small though and next time, I will probably go with a few fewer servings. I originally made this as 6 servings. Next time I will probably make it as 4, so that is what I’ve listed below for the macros. After all, that is how it ended up being eaten!
- I used 1.25 lbs 97% lean ground turkey. I did have a little left over at the end
- 4 bell peppers instead of 3
- I didn’t measure the cheese and instead just sprinkled a small amount on each. I think it ended up coming out to roughly 3/4 c Fiesta Blend shredded cheese
Here is the macros breakdown for this week!
Want to give this menu a try? Get your grocery list here! This week I decided to change things up a little. You have two options to pick from for your grocery list, so you can do what works best for you!
Just the main dishes:
All the food from this meal prep:
That’s it for this week! What did you make for your meal prep? Any new recipes? I would love to hear about them, so please leave a comment below!