I’ll be honest…I love snacking. Granted, I kinda love food in general 🙂 but I really love snacking. And I generally eat every few hours, so I end up snacking 2-3 times a day, occasionally more. So making smart choices for my snacks is important! While snacking might not work for everyone, I have found that having small healthy snacks every couple of hours helps me to not overeat during my main meals of the day. It’s also easier for me to focus and stay productive!
Over the past year I put a higher emphasis on finding better options for my many daily snacks. And the great thing is that I have found a lot of great options for tasty healthy snacks! Eating healthy can be difficult on a normal day, but when you are super busy and on the go it can be even harder! On those days it can be so much simpler to grab something like chips or a candy bar, but that doesn’t have to be your only options! With a little bit of planning and thought you can snack healthy even when you are on the go!
- Harvest Snaps – This one is probably my favorite! There are 5 flavors that I absolutely love and they are a satisfying crunchy snack. I love chips and these are a great substitute that I actually like more than most of the chips I like.
- Heinz Orchard Fresh Spicy Trail Mix – My top trail mix. Low in sugar and lower in sodium than most of the trail mixes I’ve looked at or tried, this mix is also super flavorful!
- Quest Bars – I only recently tried these and they are a great option. While not my favorite snack, they are perfect for those situations when you need to eat during a commute or something similar.
- Almonds – I’m a big fan of seasoned almonds, especially the varieties that Blue Diamond makes!
- Bananas – Another great go-to, though I have had some mishaps with smushed bananas at the bottom of backpacks! I like grabbing one if I’m hungry when I’m running late and don’t have the time to put together a container of a different snack.
- Sweet Potato Banana Bites – I love grabbing 4-5 of these as a late night snack. They taste like a dessert treat but are much healthier!
- Protein/Energy Balls – While the Cookie Dough Protein Balls are our favorites and are always on hand, I love trying new recipes and have tried out a lot of tasty types of protein balls!
- Roasted chickpeas – I have recently started making these again and I’m so glad I did! I think I finally got the seasoning to my liking and they hit the spot when I want a flavorful crunchy snack!
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds – This is a recent discovery, but definitely a new favorite! I still need to play with the recipe some, but there are some great-sounding ones out there to try!
- Grapes and cheese – My daily snack! While the others are switched out sometimes depending on what I’m in the mood for, I always have green grapes and cheese as my first snack of the day! I do like picking different cheeses to put into the snacks, but my current favorite is Gouda.
So those are my favorites! What are some of your favorite healthy snacks for when you are on the go? Do you have a go to that you eat every day, like me with grapes and cheese? I would love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment below!