Hey everyone! Can you believe March is over already? I don’t know why, but it feels like March has just flown by! Ours was pretty good overall, and I have been feeling extra-motivated to work on my jewelry and blog lately. This has helped me create a lot of great content and art….but sadly it has not helped me in achieving my set goals for this month.
But before we get to that….my favorite picture of the month! I’m sure you are getting tired of this one, and I can understand that. But it’s just so pretty! I am surprised by how much I love how this grapevine wreath turned out. It still makes me smile every time I walk up to our door!
Ok, now that I’ve gone on again about how much I love my new wreath 🙂 On to how my goals for March went!
- Keep working towards establishing that morning routine!
- Add yoga into routine at least 3 days a week.
- Add guided meditation to routine at least 3 days a week.
I started off with 3 goals for the month and achieved none of them. I did add some yoga and mediation in to the end of my day, but not nearly as frequently as I would have liked. It did really help me relax on the days I did do it though, so I am still going to try to add that in more frequently.
Now on to the other goal. Shifting my schedule to going to bed earlier and waking up an hour and a half earlier. If you have been following this blog for a while, you know that this is something I really would like to happen. And something that I struggle with A LOT. This month was no different. Actually it was worse than some previous attempts. I was so focused on the projects that I worked on when I got home that I rarely went to bed before 12. Now, I don’t know about you all, but I need my sleep. I value my sleep. I don’t function well on 6 hours of sleep at all. So getting up earlier was rough. It basically consisted of my alarms (yes, alarms) going off at 6:20 and 6:25, me hitting snooze multiple times, giving up and then setting alarms to get up at the normal time. So yeah….I maybe got up earlier 3-4 times for the entirety of March. FAIL.
For a while, I was dreading this post. I was so disappointed in myself for not hitting any of my goals, for not having the strength of will to follow through with what I said I wanted. And yeah, I could have just skipped this post this month. But I strive for transparency on here. I want you all to see me as I am, not as an idealized version of myself or just who I want to be.
But as I got closer to the end of the month and really looked at what I accomplished, my views shifted a bit. I am still disappointed that I didn’t hit my goals for this month. But I’m also really proud of what I got done. I’m working towards some major events, like starting my online business, and working on some improvements to the blog that took up a lot of time and energy as well. And I got a lot done in those areas! And while I didn’t get up early and get every workout in, or add in the yoga and meditation in any sort of consistent way, I didn’t completely fall off track fitness-wise either. I still ate healthy and I still did some workouts in. I may not have progressed much on my fitness journey, but I didn’t backslide either!
I guess what I’m trying to say is, I hope you all give yourself some understanding and appreciation when you have months that don’t work out the way you hoped, goal-wise or otherwise. This is something I have struggled with a lot over the years, and still do. But I am trying to look at all the wins I had this month, instead of focusing on the few things that didn’t get accomplished. And that viewpoint allows me to end this month on a high note instead of feeling bad about myself!
Keeping that in mind, and what I have coming up in April, here are my April goals! I think this month I am going to try to keep pushing myself, but also keep in mind where my priorities are right now and keep my goals in line with those. And as always, planning everything out is key for me!
- Get in 2-3 resistance workouts and 3-4 LISS workouts each week, no matter what time I get up – I am still going to try to shift to an earlier schedule, but I need to have my focus on my fitness, not on what time I wake up. This was a problem last month, which lead to me only getting a few resistance workouts in.
- Spend at least 1 hour a week outside, without any technology – I know 1 hour doesn’t seem like a lot, but since I’ve basically been glued to work of some sort (when not at my “regular” job) pretty much the entire time I’m awake the last few weeks, I think this is a reasonable goal 🙂 Now that the weather is getting nicer again, maybe a few hikes are in order!
- Spend time each day working on the quality of my social media for the blog – This honestly feels a little silly for me to put as a goal. But social media is an important aspect of blogging and something I’m still working on regularly. Plus I do enjoy it and would like my followers to enjoy their experience as well!
That’s it for this month! Are you setting goals for April? How did your goals for March go? I would love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment below!
Want to start setting goals but aren’t sure how to go about it? Check out my Top 5 Planning Tips!