Wow, what a start to the new year!! January was full of ups and downs, but I’m feeling pretty positive about what is to come! I promise that this coming week we will be back to normal here on the blog, with meal prep posts and everything.
- I did a full meal prep photo session! I can’t wait to show you all what I have planned for a lot of the pictures. They turned out great.
- My jewelry shop is now set up to sell at 5 upcoming markets! It’s just a start, but a great one!
- I launched a new series on here that I am super excited about. Sharing Sabrina’s story with you was wonderful and I think you are going to love the ones that are coming up!
- I got sick with the flu and two ear infections for around half of the month. Needless to say, this made a lot of things I had planned pretty difficult. I’m getting better now, but my regular routine is still really off and I’m having a hard time getting back into things.
- I strive to be honest on here, so I will share this with you all….I’ve been having a hard time this month with feeling pretty down about my jewelry business and the blog. I love them both, but neither are where I would like them to be. I’m not quitting, not by any means! But it’s been a rough month. Some of that is probably from being sick, but regardless, I’m having a difficult time feeling upbeat about my work lately.
- Spend a day taking down old decorations and putting up new. Put on some music and make it a fun and relaxing day!
- Have one “date day” with Draz
- Have one day where I spend at least 3 hours on self-care
- Go to yoga class once a week
I really did none of these, although up to getting sick I was doing great with the yoga class. And I suppose I spent a lot of time on self-care, but it wasn’t really by choice, so I don’t think that counts.
- Shoot new photos for a planned meal prep project
- Shoot photos for an upcoming fitness project
The photos for the meal prep project are done! The fitness shoot ones…nope. These aren’t even set yet, though I am hoping to do them this month.
- Contact 2 bloggers about possible collaborations
- Make 10 new pieces of jewelry – This one is only if physically possible. My fingers are still healing from some lingering symptoms from when I was sick back in September.
I’m going to call this one a win! I did make 7 new pieces of jewelry and contacted 4 bloggers. 7 isn’t 10, but considering I was sick half of the month, I say it counts!
Overall, January didn’t go how I hoped it would, but all things considered, it didn’t go to bad. I have high hopes for February though! I have a lot of exciting events coming up this month, so I think it’s going to be great! Due to all of the stuff going on this month, I’m going to try to be a little more reserved in how many goals I set.
- Yoga once a week! This was the goal that I was the most disappointed about not being able to do last month, so that is being carried over.
- Contact 2-3 people about the big project I have in mind about design and implementation
- Finish up 10+ new pieces before market on the 10th
- Get studio cleaned out for remodel
That’s it for this month! Hopefully this month goes better, with no horrible flu or anything!
How did January go for you? What are some of your goals for February? I would love to hear about them!