I know this seems cliche, but it seems like this year is just FLYING! Just in the past 6 months there have been so many developments! Most weeks are a flurry of activities and work, but in the best way. And I’m proud to say that I’m making pretty good progress on my goals so far!
Checking in on your goals is SO important to actually achieving them! You know the cycle – we set our goals for the year, get really into them for a month or two and then…life gets distracting. Suddenly, we are only a few months away from the end of the year and realizing that we haven’t made any progress. We rush to get some things done and then set new goals for the following year, convinced that next year will be different!
It doesn’t have to be like that! By scheduling in regular check-ins throughout your year, you can remind yourself as to what your “big picture” goals are and make more progress! In all honesty, I probably should have scheduled a few more check-ins than I actually did…maybe I should start checking in on them once every month or two?
Anyways, things have been very exciting here. In some ways, not much has changed since January. But in other ways, A LOT has!
2017 Highlights so far!
- I got my very own kiln! I now am in control of all aspects of my jewelry making and I couldn’t be happier about it.
- My new online shop for my jewelry TODAY!!! It is a brand new amazing site – a curated marketplace for handmade goods. I’m thrilled to be a part of it.
- My main job went from full-time to part time. It was a little scary, but it’s going okay so far.
- I decided to invest in myself and get an online personal trainer.
- I’m now a contributing writer over at Organize Yourself Skinny. This is something I never even really dreamed of, so I’m still kinda in shock over it! I so happy it happened though, and I can’t wait to keep writing over there twice a month!
- Get certified in at least 3 different fitness classes. – So far, this has not really happened. Working overnights makes getting actual certifications hard. However, I am set up to do a Tabata bootcamp course as a pre-session to BlogFest next month! Plus, while the rest of the classes during IDEAworld won’t be actual certifications, they will be very educational!
- Complete a chin-up – I am working towards this! So far, no success, but I’m hoping that the personal training will help with that.
- Sell 240+ pieces – Well, I haven’t achieved this one yet, but I am making headway! I know 45 pieces isn’t quite 240, but the Boone Farmer’s Market starts today, my new online store launches today too and I have a few other things in the works. It’s still possible! And even if I don’t sell all 240, I’m really proud of how this year has gone.
- Sell at 6+ craft markets (along with 2 weekly farmers’ markets) – Yes! With one slight change. I decided that 2 farmers’ markets a week was going to be a bit much for my first year, so I am just doing the one. Next year I plan on adding another!
- Buy my own kiln. – YES!! Done and loving it
- Have at least 5 guest posts on my blog. – Yup! My monthly Finding Fitness series is going great! I am so enjoying being able to bring you these other fitness journeys and sharing their knowledge with you with their corresponding guest posts too! You can find all of the posts to date here.
- Write at least 5 guest posts for others. – Getting there. This new contributing writer position is helping me meet this goal!
- Finish and release my Meal Prep E-book! – Ok…I honestly haven’t worked on this in a couple of months. I do need and want to refocus on it, and I will. The jewelry business kinda took over, focus-wise, for the past couple of months.
- Collaborate with one company for a post, giveaway or in some other way. – I collaborated with Plum Paper to bring you a review of their planners and my thoughts on it. You can check out that post here. If you aren’t happy with your current planner, I heavily suggest checking them out! Mine is wonderful!
I have to say, after giving my 2017 goals a review, I’m pretty happy with my progress so far! I do have some things to work on, and a few things that kinda fell to the side, but overall, not bad!
Have you checked in on your goals lately? How are you doing on your 2017 goals? Any tips for others working to achieve their own goals? I would love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment below!