Hey y’all! If you read my post last week, you know I was having a bit of a rough time of it. Thankfully, I’ve been feeling much better this week, if a bit overwhelmed by stuff I meant to get done last week haha. But that is how things go, right?!
One thing that helped a lot – This week’s meal prep! It was pretty quick to put together and delicious. Both of which were super important, since I had a lot to get done before the fine arts festival the following weekend (where I’m at RIGHT NOW!!)
Anyways, onward to meal prep and this week’s workouts!!
3 main meals this week, plus some protein balls and cinnamon bread for the freezer! The next couple of weeks, I’m going to be really short on time, so the freezer being well stocked is essential.
- Healthy Kung Pao Chicken – Easily one of Draz’s favorite dishes, this one is pretty quick to make too! The most time consuming part of it is trimming the green beans. Which is well worth it, because fresh green beans are delicious!
- Seasoned Chicken, Potatoes and Green Beans – I love this recipe for a quick filling and delicious meal. I almost always pair it with the Kung Pao Chicken for my preps, since they both use fresh green beans.
- note – The recipe calls for fresh lemon juice. Now, yes, it does taste a bit better with it fresh. That said, I always use bottled anymore….much quicker and Draz and I still think the dish turns out wonderful!
- Chicken Vindaloo – This one is definitely more my dish than Draz’s. I usually eat mine with steamed cauliflower rice!
- Cinnamon Bread – We weren’t out from the last time that I made this, but this recipe freezes great! I didn’t want to worry about running out over the next few weeks, so we now have 3 loaves in the freezer haha.
- Protein Balls – As always, a great go-to snack for Draz and myself. These have been a staple in our house for over 2 years now and I don’t see that changing anytime soon!
This week I had some pretty awesome workouts! And make sure to check out the announcements at the bottom of this post – I have some exciting things coming up for workouts, starting tomorrow!
- Monday – nearly an hour and a half of POUND practice! I’m working on some new songs right now, so this was even more fun and challenging than normal!
- Tuesday – more POUND, sticking mostly to new songs this time. Tuesdays are my 15-hr work days (between the two jobs), so I didn’t workout for as long – ended up practicing for about 45 minutes
- Wednesday – More POUND – Are you surprised? Haha I practiced before class and then taught an awesome class!
- Friday – 16 mile bike ride with Draz for our 4 year anniversary!
- Saturday – Does set-up for my art festival this weekend count? The unload and set-up process was definitely a workout, so I think I’m counting it!
I did okay for most of the week, but I haven’t quite gotten back into “market mindset” yet when it comes to planning my preps. I’ve been doing great at stocking the freezer for those weekends I won’t have as much time to cook, but I didn’t plan ANYTHING to take with me to eat during the weekend art festival. I will need to plan better for future markets. Expect to see more burrito bowls in the future!
Locals – POUND events at Jasper start soon! Join my Facebook group to stay up to date on that and so much more!