It’s my birthday! I might be freaking out a little! But…honestly not as much as I thought I would be. 🙂
Ok, this is something I’ve actually given a lot of thought to the past month or so. I turn 29 today….I think back to when I was 20 and what I thought life would be like in 9 years and this isn’t it. In fact, it’s not even close.
That’s not a complaint. I love my life! My family, Draz, my dogs, my home, this blog and all of the awesomeness related to that and so much more! Instead, it’s more of a realization that life takes some crazy and unexpected turns. Twists and turns that put me in a wonderful place in life that I could never have imagined at 20!
I’ve learned a lot along the way and still have so much left to learn! But here are 29 things that I have learned so far! So serious, so not quite so, and in no particular order, but I hope you enjoy all of them 🙂
29 Life Lessons I’ve Learned So Far
- I don’t know what it means to actually feel like an adult. I’m still waiting for that one.
- Parents are people too and pretty awesome to hang out with!
- No one actually has life all figured out.
- Not everyone will like you or needs to…and you don’t have to understand why.
- Be present for the moments of everyday life. It’s amazing.
- Reach out to those that you care about, even if you’ve lost touch.
- Drive slower!
- Taking time for yourself isn’t selfish, it’s necessary.
- You can like who you are while still trying to improve yourself.
- Push your comfort zone!
- Don’t expect life to follow your plan.
- Be unapologetically you – be honest about who you are and what you enjoy in life.
- Try to put a positive “spin” on things when you are having a bad day/interaction/moment/whatever.
- Be silly!
- Take care of your body – it’s worth the time.
- Take care of your mental health too – it’s just as important as your physical health.
- Don’t be too proud to ask for help.
- Find things you truly enjoy instead of things that just fill time.
- The best dates and/or moments don’t have to cost much, if anything.
- Quality over quantity – applies to much of life!
- Don’t procrastinate – it NEVER helps.
- Be spontaneous (at least occasionally).
- Smile often.
- Be kind to others, even when you don’t feel like it.
- Make sure you sleep enough.
- Try new things often!
- Give yourself a break – you can’t do everything.
- Always make goals and strive towards meeting them.
- Cut the negative thoughts and self-talk.
So that’s some of the things I’ve learned over the years. So aren’t surprising and a few took me a long time to learn. Some I still have to remind myself of. But either way, I am so excited to see how this year goes! I think that 29 is going to be an amazing and transformative year for me! (And I am so excited to share it with all of you!)
What are some of the things that you have learned over the years that have surprised you or been harder to learn? I would love to hear your thoughts!
And don’t forget that the Jewelry Giveaway ends today at 8 pm CT, so if you haven’t entered yet, hop over and get your entry in!